HMX – rear suspension rebuild continues

| понедельник, 10 августа 2009 г.

HMX - the isoclamp system, essploded

With almost everything I need for the rear suspension rebuild finally acquired, cleaned up and painted, I started putting it all together the other night. One of the most difficult pieces to get, the isoclamp bushings, came from Kennedy American. Like the springs and the anti-roll bar, AMC produced beefier isoclamp bushings for the AMX over the regular Spirit, and the supply of beefier AMX bushings appear to be dwindling.

isoclamp system loosely assembled

A dry fitting shows how the isoclamp system sandwiches together. Though when putting it all together, I got to thinking that it could be rather difficult to assemble the isoclamps on the spring while at the same time positioning the spring on the axle.

axle and rear suspension loosely assembled

But I soon realized that if I turned the axle upside-down, I could easily set everything in place by myself. Once I have everything bolted down tight, I only have to flip it back over, roll the old axle and springs out, then roll the new axle and springs in. If it were only going to be as easy as I make it sound…



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий